As much as I like it here and the comfortable living situation I’min, going home and having my own bedroom and clean environment is something I am highly anticipating…
In regards to my roommate! . She isn’t a horrible roommate and can be quite nice and generous, but as you grow to live with people…you begin to learn their bad habits haha. The things that irritate me:
– Her alarm goes off at least 4-5x..she insists on pressing snooze for like 45minutes
– She takes forever in the bathroom and sheds more than a bear
– She has an attitude and is stubborn…very childish
– She claims to be on a rigorous diet, but when I make suggestions, she brushes me off like she know better. For instance, she ate a TV dinner at 10pm.. I told her that was unhealthy and she said it was healthy because it’s “vegetarian.” Or she eats salads covered in creamy dressing and cheese…what’s the point? it goes on.. and on….Like…when I offered her a strawberry, she freaked out because it would make her fat….
– I can tell she is completely dependent on a maid at home. She’s cooked like once here..and everytime she boils something, she needs help >___>
So..I make it sound like hell..but it isn’t lol, it’s actually pretty relaxed and fun.
Ok, time for a good story! My apartment mates and some other programmates and I were working on our projects together. We’re on different teams, so we sat in different areas of the apartment, my group at the living room table and the other at the dinning room table. My roommie comes in and walks into the bedroom after a long day of work, dinner, hanging out and such in her heels. One minute later, she runs out and says “I have an emergency!!!” and with her BARE-dirty foot, plops her foot onto the dinning room table and insist that the others help her dig in her foot to investigate and pull something out. I would have died. The others didn’t dare tough her foot, but still held their act together….Thank goodness that wasn’t me, I would have freaked out. When she left back to the bedroom to fetch something, the two studying at the table fled! So my group continued to work diligently, pretending not to notice anything when she came out and picked at her foot again.
I of course…had to sanitize the table.